Delicious meal ideas for every day of the week
Whether you’re cooking dinner for yourself, for two or for a large family, it’s easy to hit a wall and run out of ideas. Sure, you’ve got your tried and trusted favourite recipes, but what if you feel like something new once in a while? Plus, there are those evenings when life is so busy, you can’t begin to decide what to cook, not to mention special occasions that require a bit of planning. Where do you start?!
Fortunately, Rowe Farms has a few suggestions to help inspire your dinner menu this winter. Here are some delicious meal ideas to consider for busy weeknights, days when you have time for a bit of meal prep, Sunday dinners with the whole family and even game day. We’ve got everything you need online and in store—see you soon!
What to cook on busy weeknights
We’ve all been there: those nights when you’ve got less than half an hour to figure out what you’re cooking and get dinner on the table before running off to an extracurricular activity or getting the kids into the bathtub before bed. Because this is such a common challenge for families, we’ve shared quick and easy weeknight dinner ideas on our blog before. Check those out, then add these recipes to the list:
- Hoisin pork lettuce wraps (made with ground pork)
- Chicken pesto skillet (made with boneless skinless chicken breasts)
- High quality frozen options from Rowe Farms (we’ve got even more prepared items in store including ready-to-serve meals and side dishes!)
What to cook when you’re working from home
If you work from home, are home taking care of your children during the day or are retired, there are opportunities for you to make some delicious meals that require a bit of prep, but not too much time. The secret is your slow cooker—you can spend 15 minutes preparing ingredients and adding them to the pot, check on it occasionally throughout the day, then enjoy a fresh, hot, delicious home-cooked meal at dinnertime. Here are a few recipes we love. If you have ideas to add to this list, let us know in the comments on Facebook!
- Beef stew or chicken stew
- Slow cooker beef stroganoff
- Pot roast with carrots and potatoes
- Chicken tortilla soup
- Slow cooker chili
- Slow cooker pork roast
What to cook for Sunday Dinner with family
While quick and easy weeknight recipes are a must for many families, we love a good Sunday dinner with the family that involves slow, thoughtful cooking. Here are a few recipes worth trying the next time you have family over for a hearty meal:
- Pork tenderloin with roasted potatoes, sautéd vegetables and fresh dinner rolls (shop for boneless pork roast here)
- Prime rib roast with mashed potatoes and gravy, roasted broccoli and horseradish (shop for prime rib here)
- Roast chicken with scalloped potatoes and a fresh green salad (shop for whole chickens here)
What to cook on Game Day
Game day is all about delicious, snackable finger foods—instead of choosing one thing, we recommend putting out a spread that includes some or all of the following options. Enjoy!
- Nachos made with our delicious ground beef
- Chili made with ground beef or ground poultry
- Chicken wings any way you like ‘em!
- Pork spare ribs
- Marinated beef short ribs
- Pulled pork or smoked beef brisket
Remember, Rowe Farms has everything you need for these recipes in store and at RoweFarmsOnline.ca. Thanks for shopping local and supporting regenerative food!