Get ready for Mother’s Day with Rowe Farms
In many ways, April feels like a month of change and transition as we shake off the last, lingering thoughts of winter and begin to fully embrace spring. We’re cooking outdoors again, putting away our winter jackets for the third (and hopefully final) time and planning for the beautiful spring and summer months ahead. It’s a good feeling! But while you’re soaking up those much-needed rays of sunshine and making plans for the Victoria Day long weekend, don’t forget what comes first: Mother’s Day. This year, it falls on Sunday, May 14th. That’s just over two weeks away, if you’re wondering, and it’s time to start getting organized!
Whether you’re cooking up a Mother’s Day feast for your mom, your grandma, your step-mom or the mother of your children, we’ve got a few ideas to help you plan a delicious meal that says, “thanks for everything.” And of course, it all starts with delicious, high quality local meat from your friends at Rowe Farms. Let’s get started.
Breakfast and brunch
Some moms love breakfast in bed while others want to sleep in and enjoy brunch a little later in the day. In any case, offer her a morning meal that kicks off Mother’s Day on a delicious note. Here’s your shopping list:
- Farm fresh eggs (scrambled, poached, in Eggs Benedict, in a quiche, etc)
- Classic pork bacon or back bacon
- Breakfast sausages (delicious with pancakes, waffles or eggs!)
- Local cheese for quiche or cheesy scrambled eggs
- Fresh bread or scones, fresh fruit, her favourite jams and spreads
- Fresh juice and some great coffee or tea
A special dinner
Mother’s Day dinner can be anything: casual, comfort food, a family BBQ, a picnic or an elegant meal that marks the special occasion. What you cook should depend on what the moms in your life would most enjoy. Here are a few ideas:
- An elegant Ontario beef tenderloin steak with potatoes, carrots and a fresh salad
- A classic roast chicken dinner with all of her favourite side dishes
- Salmon, roasted vegetables and some rice pilaf or grain-based salad
- A great Ontario beef steak on the BBQ
- Delicious local pork chops with apple chutney and homemade potato salad
- A fun family BBQ with burgers, sausages, and hot dogs
Reminder: grab some dessert and her favourite local wine, craft beer or cider!
Don’t forget these extras
As much as we love good food, we know there’s a lot more to this holiday than brunch or dinner. Be sure to have a heartfelt card, some flowers and/or a thoughtful gift that the special mom in your life will love. It’s all about making her feel recognized, cared for and appreciated—so spend a little time planning, make it a special day and above all else, make sure she doesn’t go anywhere near the dishes.
Thanks for reading and if you’d like personalized product recommendations, please visit your nearest Rowe Farms location. Our team would be happy to help!