Rowe Farms will be adding more local food to our shelves in 2024—here’s why
Dear Valued Customers,
As the festive lights twinkle and carols fill the air, we're reminded that Christmas is a season of hope. At Rowe Farms, we're embracing this hope with a renewed commitment to regeneration—for our community, our economy, and our ecology as we step into 2024.
We've come to a profound realization: true regeneration cannot happen if we continue relying on certain products and supplies that have contributed to the challenges at our local store. Your feedback has been invaluable; it's clear how essential Rowe Farms is to you and your family.
The choices we make now are crucial. We're evaluating our supplier partnerships to ensure we're part of a regenerative cycle rather than a degenerative supply chain. Your observations and comments about the changes at our stores have not gone unnoticed and we’d like to address that directly: yes, our shelves have seemed a bit emptier than usual in recent weeks. This is because we’re adding new products that reflect our commitment to local food, holistic management and regeneration. This includes Summit Station Dairy—a great company that’s based in Hamilton, Ontario—as well as Jensen Cheese, who we’ve worked with for decades through VG Meats. Summit Dairy products are rolling into Rowe Farms this week, so keep an eye out at your nearest location! We’re also adding Defina Pizza and Olliffe prepared meals to the mix. Our team is very excited about these changes and can’t wait to share these amazing local products with you.
The support you showed us during the pandemic was heartwarming. Our farmers, team members, butchers, and drivers worked tirelessly to keep our shelves stocked. However, post-pandemic, we've sensed a shift in support, leading us to question our impact and role in your lives.
Looking ahead, 2024 poses new challenges—a potential food crisis influenced by pandemic decisions, food inflation, production shortages, climate change, and global logistics disruptions. Yet, we're optimistic. With your support, Rowe Farms aims to foster the most resilient food cycle in Ontario.
Here's our pledge to you:
- Partnerships for Regeneration: We're committed to collaborating exclusively with partners who contribute to the cycles of regeneration, ensuring our shelves are stocked with sustainable choices.
- Elevating Your Contribution: We'll highlight your role in the regenerative cycle, acknowledging your impact more significantly than ever before.
- Leading by Example: Rowe Farms will embody what it truly means to be regenerative, setting a benchmark for others to follow.
Here's how you can help:
- Embrace Regenerative Purchases: Transition your buying habits to support the regenerative food cycle. Every purchase has a ripple effect, creating a synergy where the collective impact is greater than the sum of individual actions.
- Please spread the Message: Encourage your neighbours and family to join us in this journey of hope and regeneration for 2024.
- Please share your ideas with us: Speak to our in store staff, store managers or email us. Let us know how we can work together to regenerate aspects of your life. Your input is invaluable.
Thank you for being an integral part of our Rowe Farms family. Your support fuels our enthusiasm and optimism for the future. We eagerly anticipate a year brimming with possibilities, where we can collectively make a positive impact, celebrate the joys of locally-sourced food, and strengthen the bonds within our community. Your insights and feedback are invaluable to us, and we invite you to reach out at any time. Together, let's embark on this exciting journey, shaping a brighter, more regenerative future. We can't wait to share this next chapter with you and continue making meaningful strides together.
With all the best this Christmas season and always,
Cory and the Rowe Farms/Harvest to Gather team